Put travel insurance on your road-trip checklist.
"A sudden illness or injury can happen anywhere at any time, as one CAA member found out," said Luxy Thuraisingam, Director Marketing Insurance, CAA SCO. "Earlier this year, a 65-year-old man suffered a heart attack while driving to Florida. The patient underwent angioplasty and spent three days in the hospital before he was discharged and flown home. Fortunately, he bought medical insurance with CAA prior to leaving and his $120,000 USD medical bill* was covered," added Thuraisingam.
CAA SCO recommends the following tips:
- Purchase travel insurance when cross-border shopping even if your stay is for a day or two.
- Don't buy travel insurance on price alone.
- Make sure you understand your coverage before you leave.
- Keep your policy on hand in your wallet or purse.
- If you have any questions, ask your insurance advisor or insurance company.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario